2020-10-09

Interview – HANNNGS (Indonesia)


HANNNGS seems to be an active and productive Noisecore unit from West Borneo, Indonesia. This solo-project has released many splits under so many DIY/digital label around the world. Check out our chat with Hannngs. – Interview by Harshziqr [04.10.2020]

Tell us the history of Hannngs?
Hannngs was formed in 2017 in Pontianak City and plays Noisecore because I can’t play other music.

Please introduce the band members?
Just Catur Abrianto on Drums & Vocals.

What’s your music and influences?
I like classical Grindcore / Noisecore bands and I follow old bands to new bands, everyone can be an influence.

What are the messages in your songs?
There aren’t too many messages in the track that I made, even if there are messages only about the dark history of humans that shouldn’t be repeated, I love history but I hate it when history repeats itself.


List of 10 best releases of Hannngs?
I think everyone’s the best because I always make splits with good bands too, because they also have to look good, hahe!

Why do you like to do splits?
True, I like splits because I can have lots of friends, and I can know about what other people say, I like to share with everyone through splits, and I think splits have brought people together and I agree that no split is no grind.

Tell us the scene in Kalimantan, Indonesia?
Very few people play noise in Kalimantan, but for the HC punk scene here it is quite OK, although sometimes it goes up and down. In playing noise I have some friends from other cities not crowded but fun.

Thanks for your time. Last words?
You’re welcome I wish I would split more with people, even if he plays Harsh Noise, Gore, Powerviolence or whatever, I just need the same goal which is to protest and keep fighting we can use whatever we can to fight as long as we unite and I also want to. We are all healthy always.